Adult Residential Treatment
Residential treatment stays range from 21 days upward, depending on the needs of the client. An average day includes six hours of structured group and individual meetings and discussions, primarily focused on 12 Step recovery methods. These sessions also stress the disease process of addiction, as well as positive, productive solutions for life's problems.
Clients participate in supervised recreation therapy, physical fitness, and attend lectures on various pertinent and relevant topics. An Arkansas Department of Health Certified Counselor conducts weekly courses in preventing HIV disease among substance abusers. For those clients desiring to improve their literacy skills or who want to obtain a G.E.D., adult education classes are available and Quapaw House staff can provide transportation when scheduled. Mental health evaluations can be provided on site. All residential clients have access to the facility physician for minor medical needs.
At Quapaw House Inc., we present addiction as a disease and stress to clients that the only means of keeping this disease in remission is total abstinence from all mind and mood altering drugs, including alcohol. Group sessions are staff supervised. Individual counseling sessions are an important part of our treatment program, with a one-hour minimum per client weekly.
All counseling sessions are facilitated by a Licensed Therapist, Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, or other recognized substance abuse credentialed staff member. Small group sessions are held regularly to help meet the emotional needs of the clients. Responsibility for one's actions is stressed throughout the treatment cycle.
- Evidence-Based Curriculum & Counseling Methods
- Group & Individual Counseling Sessions
- Family Counseling Sessions
- Daily Small Group Sessions
- Licensed Therapists
- Certified Drug & Alcohol Counselors
- Certified Clinical Supervisors
- Mental Health Evaluations
- 12 Step Recovery Meetings
- Residential Stays from 14 to 180 Days
- Supervised Recreational Therapy/Exercise Program
- Lectures on Life Skills & Coping Strategies
- Adult Education Classes
- Case Management Services
- Classes on HIV Disease & Effective Parenting
- Gender Specific Programs
- Relapse Prevention Planning
- Continuing Care Program
- Quality Food Service